social icons

search

Words of Hannah Kay

Where words come to life.

more from the blog

Book Review: Lyn Ashwood & Rachel Rose - Comeback [ARC]

Comeback: A K-pop Novel!

Comeback is a novel all about K-Pop and the industry! It highlights the struggles that our beloved idols and biases have to go through on a daily basis -- I can only thank the authors, Lyn Ashwood and Rachel Rose, for helping to make this topic more talked about.

I received this ARC from Booksirens (thank you very much)! All opinions are my own and unbiased; this review was also completed voluntarily.


COMEBACK
by Lyn Ashwood and Rachel Rose

Began reading: August 15th 2019
Finished reading: August 29th 2019


-=+=-

Comeback: A K-pop Novel
Comeback: A K-pop Novel
Emery Jung is living his dream. Known by his stage name M, he is loved by millions of fans around the world as a member of the rising K-pop group NEON, but all fame comes with a cost, especially when one slip up can have viral consequences.

Alana Kim is trying to forget. After a tragic loss sends her spiraling, she escapes to her family in Korea, abandoning her love of music along the way. However, her plans are derailed when she literally runs into M, the famous K-pop idol.

When their paths collide, Emery and Alana must work together to prevent a scandal from ruining NEON’s success, sparking a journey of friendship, love, and healing. Unfortunately, fame and love aren’t easily compatible, especially in the world of K-pop.
 
-=+=- 
I gave this book...
[ ★★★★ stars ]
4 / 5 stars !

My Review:
may contain spoilers

Comeback is an amazing and heart warming story about the risks and rewards of dating whilst being in the limelight. And I loved every second of it. It addresses some mature themes in
As many people find K-Pop synonymous with being mega cringy, I can say that this book was not jammed packed with it. Yes, there was the odd moment - but even they were just minor.

We begin this book with the suggestion that there is previous history between our two main protagonists, and love interests Alana Kim and Emery Jung.

Alana and Emery are actually carrying some heavy backage too: Alana is dealing with the suicide of her brother and Emery is dealing with how unsupportive his parents (particularly, his father) are to him and his career.

One of my favourite parts is definitely the ending. The characters come to terms that they need help, and that they can do that by helping each other. A relationship in the limelight is not impossible.

This book conveys important messages for its audience: that anything is possible!

If there is a sequel, will I be reading it?
Most likely, yes! I want to know what NEON and Alana have been up to ever since the conclusion of the first book. I want to see how they have changed and grown together!

-=+=-

Have you read Comeback: A K-pop Novel yet? Well, you can buy it from Amazon right now!

Thank you for reading!

Stay awesome,







Want to continue the conversation? You can find me on my social media: 

Comments

Profile Photo

About Hannah

Profile Bio

Hi, I'm Hannah. This is my blog.

Adventuring into fictional universes is always something that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Now, as an aspiring author, I get to create them too.

Instagram