social icons

search

Words of Hannah Kay

Where words come to life.

more from the blog

Book Review: Matt Fraction - November Volume 1 [ARC]


"It's like junk mail - not really good for you but promises you the world."

It's November. NaNoWriMo is happening. So I thought it would be fitting to read and review this book in the month of... you guessed it - November! This is a graphic novel by Matt Fraction that I first spotted on Edelweiss+.

Thank you to the author, publisher and Edelweiss+ for allowing me to read and review this book. You can find the book here on Goodreads.


In this new sequence of three graphic novellas by MATT FRACTION and ELSA CHARRETIER with colors by MATT HOLLINGSWORTH and exquisitely-crafted lettering by cartoonist KURT ANKENY, NOVEMBER follows the lives of three women intersecting in a dark criminal underground. As fire and violence tears through their city on a single day and night, they discover their lives are bound together by a mysterious man that seems to be the cause of it all.

One night. One city. Three women. NOVEMBER.

(synopsis taken from Goodreads)




★★
2 / 5 stars


First things first, I was expecting good things from this book and I was disappointed.

I first saw this on Edelweiss+ and it was the beauty of the cover that urged me to request it. However, like I said, I was majorly let down. I was confused half of the time and didn't know what was happening.  

Another issue I had was that I didn't really care for the characters. This is something that I find a lot in graphic novels, but in the case of this novel, I felt as if I wasn't even an acquaintance.

As for the art, I wasn't really fan of the style BUT I did like a the colour scheme that it was done in. The colour scheme was blue, different and refreshing.


No, I don't think I will. I didn't like it enough to motivate me to continue with the series.

-=+=-

How you read this graphic novel series? If so, let me know what you thought about it in the comments!

Thank you for reading!

Stay awesome,


Want to continue the conversation? You can find me on my social media: 

Comments

Profile Photo

About Hannah

Profile Bio

Hi, I'm Hannah. This is my blog.

Adventuring into fictional universes is always something that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Now, as an aspiring author, I get to create them too.

Instagram